Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yeah, No.

I will not be participating in the "no pull ups at night" experiment!

Last night, clearly dumb from little to no sleep, I decided to help the boys by carrying them to the toilet. M, no problem per usual. Nice & dry & cooperative. J, refusing to open eyes, lightly protested but happily allowed me to carry him to the bathroom and back. Then, it began.

Back spasms.

Big, bad, back spasms. As I lay there on J's xtra bed (per order of J who had at that time awoken completely to begin barking orders) I began the internal dialogue. "What does this remind you of?" said the little voice in my head.... "labor with M" the other voice whispered in exasperation.

I was screwed. Because, not only was it the middle of the night, but as I was about to discover, there were:
A) No pain killers in the house
B) No heating pad to be found
C) J was now WIDE awake, in a GREAT mood, and ready to play

So - yeah..No.

I will not be doing the "no pull ups at night" thing. I promise, when they leave for college, they will not need pull ups. Till then, this is the deal.

btw

while writing the above entry, J decided to throw the following on my lap: some ground beef, the ketchup, some buns, and has just yelled from the kitchen " I CAN'T REACH THE LETTUCE" ***sigh*** Must go make lunch. I'm gonna take a chance and assume here that he wants a hamburger ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment