Friday, February 5, 2010

overheard

J to M: Come baaaaaaaaaaaaack my sweetheart!

(playing upstairs, while I doubled over laughing in the kitchen)

---------------------------------------------------

J to M: Are you my purple spot?

M: No. I'm you brother.

(in the lvg rm, I'm laughing from the kitchen - and wondering why he thinks his brother is a "purple spot")

----------------------------------------------------

while carrying J in the rain, as he holds the umbrella, facing behind me)

SHE.......(laughs hard, catches breath) HAS (giggles.laughs, can barely breathe out the sentence) A (more laughter) BAG ON HER HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (laughing so hard at this point, I turn to see)

In fact, a lady has her giant Coach bag over her head, and is laughing right along with him! What a sight.
-------------------------------------------------------

J: I love peeing.

(just sitting on his rocking chair - out of the blue, decided to share this tid bit - big smile across his face)

-------------------------------------------------------
(M. 6 yrs old)

M: Did you see my picture?
Me: No. what did you draw?
M: Starry Night

(and then presented to me, a startlingly beautiful, freehand drawing of Van Gogh's "Starry Night)

- the other picture he drew was of Sunflowers in a Vase; also Van Gogh

----------------------------------------------------------

These kids of mine crack me up. Especially when J is all over M asking all kinds of crazy questions, while M gives all the straight answers. I really need to start posting audio. Some of the conversations they have are even better when spoken in their 3 and 6 yr old tongue.

-------------------------------------------------------

Extra tight hugs for my boys tonight. Prayers for the Brown family.........

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Lauren! i am lovin your blog! Ella saw J and started yelling... I wanna play with M and J! What are you doing next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have you all over! Drop me a note or call when you get back. I'm looking forward to the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete